- China has huge export activity. Since China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001, it has consistently enjoyed double digit year-on-year export growth rates. It has now overtaken the US as the world's biggest trading nation in value of exports and imports.
- With political stability and economic growth, Vietnam has received honorable titles in recent years such as Tiger State and Next Eleven.
- Japan has 68 of the world’s top companies, in second behind the United States.
- China has 3 of the top 10 companies in the world by market capitalization: Beijing PetroChina, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, and China Mobile.
- Oral agreements in Japan have as much weight as contracts. This is because Japan has a relationship-driven society, it is the quality of relationships in business that will determine events rather than legal necessities.
- With a young population of 94.3 million people, Vietnam is one of the top retail markets in the world.
- China is not just a manufacturing hub. The new 5-year plan will aim to shift the economic focus from export driven to domestic demand driven.
Recently, CRCC Asia interns have been involved in the following projects:
- Organizing a promotional event for a financial magazine
- Performing a competitor analysis and presentation on companies in the confectionary market in China
- Conducting a business development project by maintaining a database of large international corporations, setting up meetings and preparing presentations and sales pitches.
- Making a report for an accountancy firm on the company’s annual overall performance compared with previous years.
Specialism: International Business Networking
The firm based in Shanghai is a not-for-profit organization with 1,200 members including 400 companies. The organization is one of the largest and most active of its type in China.