- Intellectual property fraud is rife. With thousands of Western brands looking toward China, this is a major barrier they face.
- With an increase in Foreign Direct Investment into China, there is huge business in helping foreign companies overcome legal difficulties when entering China.
- The World Trade Organization has recently launched an investigation into whether countries like China are manipulating the value of their currencies.
- International law firms are increasingly looking to expand into China and merge with Chinese firms, but for now the sector is still largely domestic. Some Chinese firms have already established themselves in other countries.
- Beijing is the capital city and legal center of China, where most business and regulatory cases are handled. Most large law firms in China have offices in all the major cities, including Shanghai and Shenzhen.
Recently, CRCC Asia interns have been involved in the following projects:
- Preparing a presentation of the English Legal System regarding real estate contracts whilst introducing several famous legal precedents in the real estate industry.
- Advising on, and processing, trademark registration for a number of foreign clients.
- Researching and producing a newsletter on recent legal developments in China to be sent to foreign companies.
- Market research on Chinese reverse mergers to present in a report to a foreign client.
- Researching UK case law and appeal routes for arbitration cases, as well as constructing grounds for appeal for a client.
Specialism: International Corporate Law
Founded in 1998, the company works in several languages (French, English, Italian, German, Dutch and Chinese) and its lawyers are qualified in various jurisdictions (Switzerland, USA, England and Wales, France, Holland and Luxembourg). The members of the Firm assist clients in domestic and international work. The Shanghai branch is able to take on mandates ranging from corporate and M&A transactions, tax and employment matters to private client and family office work. The firm also handles registrations of offshore vehicles in Hong Kong and other Asian jurisdictions, through its affiliate HTF (Asia) Ltd.
CRCC Asia interns are current students or graduates, and join our programs to take advantage of the career benefits a professional internship in China can provide.
We are confident that CRCC Asia is the best choice for you, but don’t take our word for it.
You are browsing testimonials for the Legal Internship Sector.