By joining our new Study + Internship opportunity in Beijing, participants will be able to not only experience the exciting and fast paced business of culture of China, but in addition will have the opportunity to study at one of China’s top Universities.This program is now available to participants due to our newly established partnership with China Education Association for International Education or CEAIE. CEAIE is a Chinese government affiliated not-for-profit organization focused on international education and exchange. This new partnership brings together CRCC Asia’s network of over 600 active host companies, combined with CEAIE partnerships with over 2,200 Chinese universities, to provide participants a unique opportunity to experience all aspects of Chinese culture, academics and business.
The first cohort for 2017 will be an eight (8) week program offered in Beijing, China. The program will consist of three (3) weeks of intensive Chinese language and culture study at a partner University, followed by a five (5) week professional internship.
A unique aspect of this program is participant’s accommodation will be located on or near their host university campus allowing participants the opportunity to interact with other local and international students studying in China.
During the first portion of the program participants will undertake an intensive Chinese language course located on their host university campus ranging from 15-20 hours per week. Time outside the classroom will be spent studying, and exploring the local area to gain a greater understanding of the culture and local customs.
The second portion of the program is focused on gaining professional experience in a dynamic international setting with one of CRCC Asia’s over 600 active host companies. Placements are available across 14 different sectors and placements will be customized to meet the needs of participant and their host companies. All internship opportunities are professional and regularly monitored by CRCC Asia to ensure a high-quality learning experience.
We ensure that every aspect of your trip to China, from your coursework, to our weekly events and airport port pickup, is managed in a friendly and professional manner.
Your program fees will include:
- Internship in a professional sector of your choice.
- Pre- departure assistance- (regional offices on hand for pre-program queries, visa assistance).
- Airport pick up.
- Induction Day & Welcome Banquet (inc a welcome lunch, a scavenger hunt and an in depth presentation on China).
- Welcome Pack (inc business cards, sim cards, travel card, city guide).
- Company Drop Off.
- Monthly cultural and business events (inc China Business Seminar, a unique cultural lesson in calligraphy or dumpling making and a visit to a community outreach project).
- Dedicated support on internship issues from CRCC Asia staff.
- Assigned a student helper while on the ground at the university accommodation.
- Access to CRCC Asia Alumni groups following the completion of the program.
- Living expenses (for most people this will cover transport, food and other costs)
*NB- You will be situated in a local Beijing university throughout your time on the program. The single room that you will be allocated is of standard quality for students and will contain all the basic amenities.
As this year, will be our first cohort, the program will be offered only in Beijing. Beijing is an exciting and vibrant city where the past meets the future around every corner. Beijing was not only selected due to its rich cultural and historical significance to China and CEAIE, but CRCC Asia recently celebrated its 10th year of operating in Beijing, opening their first office in Beijing back in 2006. CRCC Asia’s long standing presence in Beijing has provided CRCC Asia unprecedented access to top internship placements with some of China’s fastest growing, exciting and most well-known organizations. To learn more about this amazing location and all that it offers be sure to read CRCC Asia’s “Internship in Beijing” section on the website.
For the duration of your stay in Beijing you will be based on the campus of BUCT which is conveniently located in the centre of Beijing.
BUCT: Did you know?
1. Founded in 1958, Beijing University of Chemical Technology (BUCT) is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the metropolis of Beijing
2. 25,000-30,000 students enrol each year to their co-educational courses
3. Of those, 450 are International Students
4. The University has a faculty dedicated to Language and Cultural Studies, as well as Business, Arts and Science &Technology.
5. The University is accredited by China’s Ministry of Education
6. The University campus is a five-minute walk from HePingXiQiao subway Line 5. Attractions on Line 5 include: YongHeGong Temple, Temple of Heaven, WangFuJing shopping, the Hutongs area and the Hatchery.
7. Located 15-minute walk away, HuiXinXiJie NanKou is a station on subway Line 10. The line which circles the Beijing inside the third ring road.
8. The University is located 15 minutes walk from the UNESCO protected Ditan Park. A great place to go for a stroll on the weekend.
9. BUCT occupies an area of 740, 000 square meters. The campus has sporting facilities which include a full size football pitch, a running track, seven tennis courts and four basketball courts.
10. Since 1996 it has signed cooperation agreements with more than 90 foreign universities and large multinational companies from 20 countries and regions.
CEAIE-CRCC Study + Internship Program
2017 Semester: Thursday 6th July – Friday 31st August
Study (3 weeks) + Internship (5 weeks): 8 week program: $4,725 USD
This is the Application Procedure for our CEAIE Study and Internship Program. If you are interested in our other programs please visit the Our Programs page.
Whilst we do try to review applications in accordance with the timeframe set out below, please note that during our peak seasons we may experience expected delays which can extend this process.
In order to begin your internship, you will need to submit an electronic application to our program. You can do this on our Apply page. Please familiarize yourself with our different programs before submitting your application.
Our programs run on a regular basis throughout the year. Please browse our Prices & Dates page for more details about our specific program start dates.
Upon receiving your application, it will be reviewed by your nearest Regional Team who will initially assess your suitability for our programs. They will review your entire application, paying attention in particular to your CV/resume and answers to our long-form questions.
We find that applicants who spend time creating a comprehensive and well thought application will have substantially higher chances of succeeding with their application. We always recommend utilizing our Live Chat services if you do have any questions about our applicant requirements or criteria.
Note: Please ensure your uploaded CV/resume is no more than two pages.
Those applicants who are successful at the application review stage will be invited for a telephone interview.
The interview will be 20-30 minutes long and your interview performance will be taken into consideration when determining the final outcome of your application. We will assess:
- Your suitability for our program interning in China
- Your relevant past working and voluntary experience
- Your interest in China and the specific industry for which you applied
Your interview will usually be conducted by a member of our Regional Admissions Team who are trained to understand the key competencies a program intern needs to possess; you will be assessed for these skills as part of your telephone interview. This assessment will be conducted through a series of situational and evidence-based questions.
We recommend that applicants review their resume/CV carefully before their interview, as this document will be used as a base for questioning by your interviewer. You will receive an electronic copy of your application via email for reference, which will contain the specific resume/CV you sent through to CRCC Asia.
How to Prepare for my Telephone Interview
While CRCC Asia does not provide a comprehensive list of potential interview questions, we do have a number of key recommended external resources that we encourage applicants to review before their interview:
- Tips for the telephone interview (The Guardian)
- How to handle a telephone interview (Target Jobs)
- Tips for arranging an interview phone interview (About.com)
- Interview questions for international placements (.pdf) (Ryerson University)
(Please note that CRCC Asia is not responsible for the content on these external websites, these pages are recommended at the time of writing)
The main purpose of our telephone interview is to determine your suitability for our program and the depth of your skills and experience.
After your interview (normally a few working days) you’ll be informed of the outcome of your application to join our CEAIE Study and Internship Program by email.
If you are successful with your application, you’ll receive an offer which will formally invite you to join the program and details how to confirm your place.
As places for our programs are understandably competitive, we ask that successful applicants confirm their place on the program by paying a deposit within one week of receiving their offer.
The remainder of your fee is then due one month after paying your deposit, or a minimum of six weeks before your departure date, whichever is sooner. Flexible payment options are available, please contact us for more information.
Once we have received your deposit, you will have formally joined the program, welcome to our CEAIE Study and Internship Program!
After receiving your deposit payment, we’ll begin working on your placement, and formally welcome you to our program by providing you with our informative Welcome Pack, which provides more detailed information about your program in China.
Next step: After receiving your final payment, we confirm details of your placement around four to six weeks before your departure (please note this is a guideline and may differ during peak seasons).
If you have any questions about this procedure please feel free to contact us for more information!
Please be aware that we are unable to inform you of the company at which you will be interning until we have received full payment.
For more information about this please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.