Generation UK – China was launched by the British Council in 2013. By 2020, it aims to help 80,000 students from the UK boost their employability, enhance their long-term job prospects, and develop a global mind-set through study and work experience opportunities in China.
The programme offers funded internship placements and academic scholarships for UK students to gain international experience in China. By encouraging UK students to engage with China, Generation UK aims to bring young people from both countries closer together, increase mutual understanding, and pave the way to lasting links and partnerships between the UK and China.
The Generation UK – China campaign is supported by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), and the Department for the Economy, Northern Ireland, the Welsh Government and the Scottish Government.
To find out more about the campaign and how you can get involved, please visit the British Council’s Generation UK – China website here.
“CRCC Asia is one of our current partners in delivering internships for UK students in China. They have helped British students under the Generation UK – China programme gain valuable cross-cultural business skills through placements across a range of industries and locations. They have received very positive feedback from participants with regard to both the internship placement itself and the pastoral care they provide during the placement.”
Steven Hutt, Head of Outward Mobility, British Embassy in China
Your program fees will be covered by the British Council.
- 2-month internship placement in an industry of your choice
- Airport Pickup
- Induction Day & Welcome Banquet
- Welcome Pack (inc. business cards, SIM cards, travel card, city guide)
- Company Drop-Off
- Weekly Mandarin Lessons
- Monthly cultural and business events
- Dedicated on the ground support
- Living Expenses
- Program Deposit (Refundable upon program completion)
Internships will be available in the following Internship Sectors
Who Can Apply?
Funding is available to UK and EU passport holders enrolled at a UK university at the time of application, and 2016 graduates from UK universities.
All applicant placements funded through Generation UK will be means-tested and will require supporting documents.
In order to qualify for funding, you must be able to provide proof of receipt of a maintenance grant or SAAS bursary for your university studies.
Generation UK – China Eligibility Requirements:
- Aged 18 years and above
- Currently enrolled full-time at a UK university (2nd year and above) or have graduated from a UK university within the past year (within 12 months of the programme dates)
- A UK citizen/EU home student
- Achieved or on track to achieve a 2:1
- In receipt of or have received a Maintenance Grant from Student Finance or SAAS bursary for Scottish students during their university career
- Not in receipt of any other Generation UK – China funding
How to Apply?
If you are eligible for the Generation UK – China Program please click the red “Apply Now” button below.
Note: Please do not click the blue “Apply” button at the top of this page- this is only for non-Gen UK applications.
[UPDATE 14 AUGUST 2017]: Applications are now closed. the application window for 2017-2018 is due to open in October. Please do keep checking this page for updates.
Missed the deadline?
If you are still interested in undertaking a China Internship Program or an Internship program in other locations (Vietnam and Japan), we encourage you to consider our other programs that can be found under the Interns> Programs tab at the top of the page.
Applicants will be subject to our competitive assessment process, and funding will be awarded to those students who display an excellent academic record and strong interest in China, subject to British Council approval. There will be three stages of assessment:
- Application & Sift (Conducted by CRCC Asia)
- Interview (Conducted by CRCC Asia)
- Final British Council Assessment
(1) Please note the Generation UK-China opportunity is separate to the CRCC Asia Global Scholarship.
(2) CRCC Asia is one of two exclusive suppliers for the Generation UK-China Internship Programs. You can only apply to one supplier. If you apply to another supplier, your application will not be considered.
The Ministry on Foreign Affairs of the State of Israel and the China-Israel Joint Economic Task Force in cooperation with CRCC Asia are delighted to announce the launch of the China-Israel Internship Program (CIIP).
CIIP aims to create a growing pool of talented Israelis with practical experience in the Chinese market who will play key roles in both public and private sectors for the benefit of growing economic ties between China and Israel in the future.
CIIP is available for Israeli citizens, holders of an academic degree with at least two years of relevant work experience
CIIP will provide a select number of Israeli nationals the opportunity to gain business experience in China by studying and interning for a period of 3 months in Beijing. The candidates will be required to return to Israel after the end of the program.
Funding will be provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Israel.
- 3-month placement in Beijing
- Pre-departure information, services and advice
- Airport Pickup
- Induction Day and Welcome Banquet
- Welcome Pack including a SIM card + Transport card and business cards
- Mandarin Classes
- Dedicated on the ground support
- Travel Insurance
- Daily spending money
- Visa fees
Who Can Apply?
The criteria for eligibility to join the program are:
- Israeli passport holders
- BA graduates in the following sectors:
- IT and Computer Sciences
- Graphic design and Architecture
- Agriculture, Biology and Green Technology
- Water and Energy
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
- Business Management, Finance and Accounting
- Any other relevant background
- MBA graduates – advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years professional working experience is a must; Additional years of professional working experience – advantage.
- Fluency in English – mandatory.
- Chinese language skills and additional languages– advantage.
- Candidates who will apply to CIIP on behalf of their workplace as part of a strategic business plan to China – advantage.
How to Apply
As part of the Israeli Government initiative to promote economic relations between China and Israel, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the State of Israel and the China-Israel Joint Economic Task Force along with CRCC Asia are proud to initiate the China-Israel Internship Program (CIIP).
Please pay careful attention to eligibility criteria before applying.
Click here to apply!
Deadlines & Schedule
Applicants will be subject to a competitive assessment process.
We are currently accepting 500 applications from young professionals wishing to take part in the program in 2017.
- Application Deadline: August 2, 2017
- Interviews for Candidates: August 21 – 29, 2017
- Beginning of the Program in Beijing: October 29, 2017
- End of Program in Beijing: January 26, 2018
Feel free to contact the following sources for more information:
China-Israel Joint Economic Task Force Beijing office: [email protected]
CRCC London office: [email protected] or by phone at (+44) 0207 193 7907