Join us on one of our incredible two-month international internships in Tokyo, Japan’s energetic capital city. Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of a global powerhouse of business and innovation.
Why intern in Tokyo?
- Tokyo is the largest metropolitan city in the world, with a total of more than 38 million residents.
- Cost of living – about 40% less than New York, with rent prices being over 60% cheaper.
- Tokyo is home to some of the most unique areas in all of Asia. Strut your stuff in stylish Harajuku, an area known for its stylish fashion boutiques, or pick up some rare anime and collectibles in Akihabara Electric Town.
- Tokyo is, by most measures, the richest city in the world with a GDP of $1.5 billion; that’s over $300 million higher than the next richest city, New York.
- The city is home to 51 of the Fortune Global 500 companies – the highest in the world. Top industries in the city include finance, electronics, construction, engineering, animation studios and more.
Tokyo’s Internship Sectors
Tokyo is known for the flashy electronics and machinery that make up most of its industry but there is even more the city has to share. Tokyo has a large manufacturing and service industry that span a breadth of opportunities for interns to take part in. Just as Tokyo offers a little bit of everything, all of the sectors have the chance to learn from one of the most competitive and expansive markets in the world.
What’s Included in Tokyo
5 Key Learning Objectives
The wealth of skills and knowledge you will gain from your 5 Key Learning Objectives during your internship in Tokyo will greatly increase your future employability, enrich your resume and give you the edge you need to land your dream job.
For every Tokyo Internship Program intern
In addition to the above, your program will also include;
- High-quality, centrally located accommodation
- CareerBridge, our Professional Development Hub, which contains 12 professional development courses
- Welcome Pack on arrival (SIM & Travel card included)
- Airport Pickup and Accommodation Drop-off
- Orientation Weekend including city tour
- First Day Company Drop-off
- Business, Cultural, and Community outreach events
- 24/7 support from on the ground staff
- Exclusive Alumni Network and LinkedIn groups
The latest from our Tokyo Program
Love adventure? You could be one of our next Intern Influencers. Check out our alumni vlogs and videos to see what our interns have already created.
Read all about our latest interns and Program news, written by our interns and CRCC Asia team.
A program to suit you
Do you have a taste for adventure?
Whatever your interests, we have an option for you. We offer a customized travel program in addition to our one and two-month internship programs.
Take a look at our additional program options in Tokyo:
Complete a one or two-month internship in Tokyo.
Choose from a range of industries and gain international experience in your chosen sector.
Our Internship Program includes accommodation, networking events, cultural events and 24/7 on-the-ground support.
Add some extra adventure to your internship placement.
Get a taste of Japan with a 10-day trip around the country. Travel to some of Japan’s best and most famous landmarks before beginning your one or two-month internship placement. The Travel Add-On is fully-organized for your convenience with dedicated guides and pre-booked accommodation and transport.
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to apply at least 6-10 weeks prior to your preferred start date.
Tokyo Placement-Only Dates
We also offer a Placement-Only Program for 30, 60, 90 days all year around.
You can decide a start date that is convenient for you.
Placement-Only Programs include guaranteed internship placement & emergency support, but exclude accommodation, visas, and events.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – ‘Our award-winning flagship program’
PLACEMENT ONLY – ‘Our value option’
An internship in Japan that is less than 90 days without remuneration is regarded as a voluntary activity, therefore no visa is required if you are citizen of a country on this list.
For countries that do not benefit from visa exemption, you are required to apply for a Short-Term Stay for Business Affairs visa at your local Japanese Embassy/Consulate-General. You must be confirmed onto our program at least 10 weeks prior to your Program Start Date. Whilst we provide guidance on the visa application process, the cost of your visa is not included in the Program Fee. It is recommended you submit the visa application at least 4 weeks prior to your Program Start Date. Immigration regulations are constantly changing so it is advised you pay attention to updates on the aforementioned list.
Explore more programs in
"Interning in Tokyo with the help of CRCC Asia has been an incredible experience that cannot be missed. The full support from the CRCC Asia team has make this international internship easier and more enjoyable. This internship definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone and allowed me to explore the limits of nature by exceeding expectations. I was able to demonstrate my intellectual ambitions- as a consultant, a data analyst, a market researcher- with the opportunities this internship has presented to me. I have gained so much from this trip: resilience, self-confidence, cultural understanding, and transferable skills. It has been a steep and thrilling learning curve and definitely a major step towards fulfilling my career aspirations. Working in a global environment has been a challenging yet rewarding experience and will definitely give me a competitive edge in today’s job market."