Why Intern in Manchester?
- The “Capital of the North” is a cosmopolitan city of over two million, known for its architecture, soccer teams, music scene and is considered an overall friendly city.
- Cost of living – about 20% lower than London and New York, with rent prices over 56% cheaper!
- Manchester is the fastest growing major city outside of London. Their economic growth has been driven by its diverse industry base, which has specialisms in: business, finance, manufacturing, healthcare, creative, digital and technology.
- The UK has some amazing food options but there are some specialties that Manchester does best: Bury black pudding, Manchester Caviar, Manchester Egg, Vimto and more.
- Manchester is ranked the 8th best city in the UK to get a job, beating out other large cities in England such as London and Birmingham.
Manchester Internship Program Sectors
More than 85% of Manchester’s workforce is involved in the expansive and diverse sales, finance, and service industries. Outside of these is the thriving creative digital and marketing industry. Manchester has also recently invested more in its renewable energy and environmental technology industries. The wide variety of intern opportunities within Manchester is just one perk of the energetic and competitive spirit of the city.
What’s Included in Manchester
5 Key Learning Objectives
The wealth of skills and knowledge you will gain from your 5 Key Learning Objectives during your internship in Manchester will greatly increase your future employability, enrich your resume and give you the edge you need to land your dream job.
For every Manchester Internship Program intern
In addition to the above, your program will also include;
- High-quality, centrally located accommodation
- CareerBridge, our Professional Development Hub, which contains 12 professional development courses
- Welcome Pack on arrival (SIM & Travel card included)
- Airport Pickup and Accommodation Drop-off
- Orientation Weekend including city tour
- First Day Company Drop-off
- Business, Cultural, and Community outreach events
- 24/7 support from on the ground staff
- Exclusive Alumni Network and LinkedIn groups
The latest from our Manchester Program
Who better than our Intern Influencers to give you a behind-the-scenes look at life on the CRCC Asia Internship Program? Take a look below.
Get updated with the latest news from our interns, staff, and events right here in Manchester.
Manchester Internship Program Dates
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to apply at least 6-10 weeks prior to your preferred start date.
|Program Start||Location||Duration||1-Month End Date||2-Month End Date||3-Month End Date|
|June 27, 2019||Manchester||1, 2 or 3 months||July 24, 2019||August 21, 2019||September 18, 2019|
|December 12, 2019||Manchester||1, 2 or 3 months||January 8, 2020||February 5, 2020||March 4, 2020|
|January 9, 2020||Manchester||1, 2 or 3 months||February 5, 2020||March 4, 2020||April 1, 2020|
|May 28, 2020||Manchester||1, 2 or 3 months||June 24, 2020||July 22, 2020||August 19, 2020|
|June 25, 2020||Manchester||1, 2 or 3 months||July 22, 2020||August 19, 2020||September 16, 2020|
|July 23, 2020||Manchester||1, 2 or 3 months||August 19, 2020||September 16, 2020||October 14, 2020|
|August 20, 2020||Manchester||1, 2 or 3 months||September 16, 2020||October 14, 2020||November 11, 2020|
|December 3, 2020||Manchester||1, 2 or 3 months||December 30, 2020||January 27, 2021||February 24, 2021|
|January 7, 2021||Manchester||1, 2 or 3 months||February 3, 2021||March 3, 2021||March 31, 2021|
Manchester Placement-Only Dates
We also offer a Placement-Only Program for 30, 60, 90 days all year around.
You can decide a start date that is convenient for you.
Placement-Only Programs include guaranteed internship placement & emergency support, but exclude accommodation, visas, and events.
Manchester Internship Program Fees (All in USD)
In order to apply to intern in Manchester, you will need to submit an electronic application to our program. You can do this on our Apply page.
Upon receiving your application, it will be reviewed by your nearest Regional Team who will assess your suitability for our Manchester Internship Program.
Once your application is reviewed, our Admissions Advisers will reach out to you via email to schedule an Advising Session.
3. Advising Session
Those applicants who are successful at the application review stage will be invited for an Advising Session with one of our Admissions Advisers. The Advising Session will be 20-30 minutes long where we will ask:
- Your interest in interning in Manchester
- Your relevant past working and voluntary experience
- Your sector choices and preferred type of host company
- Your personal and professional goals
4. Program Confirmation
A few days after your Advising Session, you’ll be informed of the outcome of your application to join our internship program by email. If you are successful, you’ll receive an offer which will formally invite you to join the program and details on how to confirm your place with a Program Acceptance Fee.
5. Placement Confirmation
Once you have submitted your Acceptance Fee and First Installment, our Placement teams will officially start reaching out to our Host Company partners to confirm your company and job description with our Placement Supervisors. The sooner you confirm your placement on our programs, the sooner we can get you more information on your placement! Please note that early applicants get priority for most competitive host company opportunities.
With CRCC Asia’s Placement First Guarantee, you will only be required to pay the final installment when you have received a confirmed placement from your Adviser.
If you have any questions about this procedure please feel free to contact us for more information.
6. Safe Travels!
Your Adviser will work with you to ensure we have all of your relevant travel details (flights, insurance, special requests, etc) and prepare you for your arrival in your program destination.
A week before your Program Start Date, our on-the-ground Program Management staff will introduce themselves and provide you with all the necessary information for your arrival. We look forward to welcoming you to our Manchester Internship Program!
EU/EEA passport holders can participate on the Program visa-free.
Passport holders of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Taiwan or Japan must apply and obtain a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme (formerly UK Working Holiday Visa). The application process must be started at least 30 days prior to the program start date.
Passport from a country not listed above (including the US), will need a UK Tier 5 visa. To obtain a UK Tier 5 visa, you must receive a Certificate of Sponsorship. This sponsorship is provided by our partners at BUNAC through their Intern in Britain Visa Sponsorship programme. This process must begin at least 8-10 weeks prior to the program start date. We will support you throughout this process and the Certificate of Sponsorship fee is included in your Program Fee, however your visa fee is not included. To be eligible for a UK Tier 5 visa, you must be:
- 18 years or older
- Full time degree level student or recent graduate (within the last 12 months at the start of your internship)
- Hold nationality outside of the EEA
- Be able to show a minimum proof of funds £945
- Have insurance cover
Explore more programs in
"Thanks so much for CRCC Asia’s help this past month, you guys do a really amazing job making us feel so comfortable and confident here. It’s been great getting to know the team and it’s making me want to look into work opportunities with CRCC Asia after uni! Glad we’re just only halfway there!"