Internships in Osaka
Join us for a 1, 2, or 3-month internship in Osaka, Japan.
Why intern in Osaka?
- Osaka is a charming port city and an efficient transport hub. It is renowned for glorious street food, modern architecture, old-world charm, top-notch shopping and friendly locals.
- Cost of living – about 45% cheaper than New York and London, with the cost of rent being 76% lower.
- The iconic ‘Cup Noodles’ were founded here in 1971 by Ando Momofuku. You can visit the weirdly wonderful Cup Noodles Museum to learn about the history and see a model shed where the world’s first instant noodles were invented.
- Osaka Prefecture is the geographical and economic center of the Kansai region. It provides an ideal location for international companies seeking to invest with experienced local partners and is home to a range of manufacturers in engineering, pharmaceutical, green technology and tourism.
- Japan is one of the world’s safest countries. The crime rate is extremely low and it is ranked 15th out of 113 on the ranking of safest and most dangerous cities.
Osaka’s Internship Career Fields
Some of the key industries in Osaka are very much unique to this city. There are many different outlets to manufacturing in Osaka, but pharmaceutical manufacturing is a majority of industry within Osaka. Renewable energy and environment technology allows students to get involved in cutting-edge work in this growing field. The many different service industries also offer students a variety of interesting fields in which to work. Osaka’s balance of contemporary industry with age-old service industries offers every Career Field an engaging look at business development over time.
What’s included in Osaka
5 Key Learning Objectives
The wealth of skills and knowledge you will gain from your 5 Key Learning Objectives during your internship in Osaka will greatly increase your future employability, enrich your resume and give you the edge you need to land your dream job.
For every Osaka Internship Program intern
In addition to the above, your program will also include;
- High-quality, centrally located accommodation
- CareerBridge, our Professional Development Hub, which contains 12 professional development courses
- Welcome Pack on arrival (SIM & Travel card included)
- Airport Pickup and Accommodation Drop-off
- Orientation Weekend including city tour
- First Day Company Drop-off
- Business, Cultural, and Community outreach events
- 24/7 support from on the ground staff
- Exclusive Alumni Network and LinkedIn groups
The latest from our Osaka Program
Our Intern Influencers have been busy recording their adventures interning abroad. Check out what they have to say.
Read all about life in Osaka from our latest blog posts in the region.
A program to suit you
Take a look at our program options in Osaka:
Complete a one, two or three-month internship in Osaka.
Choose from a range of industries and gain international experience in your chosen sector.
Our Internship Program includes accommodation, networking events, cultural events and 24/7 on-the-ground support.
Add some extra adventure to your internship placement.
Get a taste of Japan with a 10-day trip around the country. Travel to some of Japan’s best and most famous landmarks before beginning your one or two-month internship placement. The Travel Add-On is fully-organized for your convenience with dedicated guides and pre-booked accommodation and transport.
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to apply at least 6-10 weeks prior to your preferred start date.
Osaka Placement-Only Dates
We also offer a Placement-Only Program for 30, 60, 90 days all year around.
You can decide a start date that is convenient for you.
Placement-Only Programs include guaranteed internship placement & emergency support, but exclude accommodation, visas, and events.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – ‘Our award-winning flagship program’
PLACEMENT ONLY – ‘Our value option’
An internship in Japan that is less than 90 days without remuneration is regarded as a voluntary activity, therefore no visa is required if you are citizen of a country on this list.
For countries that do not benefit from visa exemption, you are required to apply for a Short-Term Stay for Business Affairs visa at your local Japanese Embassy/Consulate-General. You must be confirmed onto our program at least 10 weeks prior to your Program Start Date. Whilst we provide guidance on the visa application process, the cost of your visa is not included in the Program Fee. It is recommended you submit the visa application at least 4 weeks prior to your Program Start Date. Immigration regulations are constantly changing so it is advised you pay attention to updates on the aforementioned list.
Explore more programs in
"CRCC Asia provided me with the opportunity of a lifetime and I will forever be grateful. Working in Tokyo was a wonderful, indescribable experience I will always remember and cherish. The team on ground are very helpful with providing support and events for all the interns. Especially considering how small the team is.My host company was very great as well. They treated me with the utmost respect, gave me a considerable amount of responsibility and made every day I worked there a day to remember. I honestly do not think I could have had a better internship experience anywhere."