Internships in London
Why Intern in London?
- Often referred to as ‘The World’s City’, London is widely celebrated for its inclusion, diversity, and welcoming nature. 39% of all workers employed in the city were born outside of the UK and 61% of the city’s staff are aged between 22 and 39
- London based companies are renowned for setting the gold standard in the fields of technology, business consultancy, and most prominently, financial services. The city is home to over 500 banks. In 2018 alone, London’s financial services contributed £66 billion to the UK’s economy – generating roughly 5% of the country’s tax contribution
- It’s home to 4 of the UK’s thirty-two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: The Palace of Westminster, The Tower of London, Kew’s Royal Botanic Gardens, and Westminster Abbey
- London is a city that never sleeps because there’s too much to do. The city has a theater district on par with New York, it has a number of stadiums which constantly attract leading artists and performers, and London alone hosts 13 professional football clubs
- Being in London gives you the perfect base to travel and explore its neighbouring European countries. The city is connected to the world via its 4 major airports, which makes it incredibly easy and quick to travel on any budget
London Internship Program Career Fields
Take center of the world’s stage and join London’s diverse workforce. CRCC Asia guarantees you an internship in any of our 18 dedicated fields within the city. Recent years has seen London’s Technology, Creative & Design sectors experience rapid growth. Financial services and Business consultancy continue to dominate London’s job-market with a 57% combined share. Another career field to consider is Entrepreneurship and Startups; 2019 saw the launch of 1,000 new startups in the city, at a rate of over 19 a week. The wide variety of career opportunities in London is just one of the perks of interning in this culturally diverse and iconic city.
What’s Included in London
5 Key Learning Objectives
The wealth of skills and knowledge you will gain from your 5 Key Learning Objectives during your internship in London will greatly increase your future employability, enrich your resume and give you the edge you need to land your dream job.
For every London Internship Program intern
In addition to the above, your internship in London will also include;
- High-quality, conveniently located accommodation (own bedroom in shared apartment with private or shared kitchen & laundry services)
- CareerBridge, our Professional Development Hub, which contains 12 professional development courses
- Welcome Pack on arrival (SIM & Oyster (Travel) Card with one journey credit included)
- Airport Pickup (At Heathrow) and Accommodation Drop-off
- Orientation Weekend including city tour
- First Day Company Drop-off
- Business, Cultural, and Community outreach events
- 24/7 support from on the ground staff
- Exclusive Alumni Network and LinkedIn groups
The latest from our London Program
Who better than our Intern Influencers to give you a behind-the-scenes look at life on the CRCC Asia Internship Program? Take a look below.
Get updated with the latest news from our interns, staff, and events right here in London.
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to apply at least 6-10 weeks prior to your preferred start date.
London Placement-Only Dates
We also offer a Placement-Only Program for 60 & 90 days all year around.
You can decide a start date that is convenient for you.
Placement-Only Programs include guaranteed internship placement & emergency support, but exclude accommodation, visas, and events.
By choosing our Internship Program you will be provided guaranteed accommodation in fully furnished shared apartments or private studios.
- The accommodation is vetted and approved by CRCC Asia
- Access to private or shared kitchens and laundry services
- Wifi and utilities are included (there is a fair usage policy, so any excess may be deducted from your accommodation deposit)
- Convenient location with amenities and/or public transport links in the surrounding area
- Within reasonable commuting distance of all our host companies
- Some accommodations require a refundable deposit at check-in
One of CRCC Asia’s 5 Key Learning Objectives is “Global Connections” – therefore we will do our best to ensure all participants are housed in the same building/complex. Due to demand, for some program locations it might be necessary to use accommodation in two or three locations across the city.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – ‘Our award-winning flagship program’
PLACEMENT ONLY – ‘Our value option’
EU/EEA passport holders can participate on the Program visa-free.
Passport holders of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Taiwan or Japan must apply and obtain a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme (formerly UK Working Holiday Visa). The application process must be started at least 30 days prior to the program start date.
Passport from a country not listed above (including the US), will need a UK Tier 5 visa. To obtain a UK Tier 5 visa, you must receive a Certificate of Sponsorship. This sponsorship is provided by our partners at BUNAC through their Intern in Britain Visa Sponsorship programme. This process must begin at least 8-10 weeks prior to the program start date. We will support you throughout this process and the Certificate of Sponsorship fee is included in your Program Fee, however your visa fee is not included. To be eligible for a UK Tier 5 visa, you must be:
- 18 years or older
- Full time degree level student or recent graduate (within the last 12 months at the start of your internship)
- Hold nationality outside of the EEA
- Be able to show a minimum proof of funds £945
- Have insurance cover, including a minimum of $500,000 USD medical cover and some cover for repatriation of remains
- If not applying from your home country, you must have a valid visa proving your residence in the country you are applying from
CRCC Asia has partnered with Saint Peter’s University in Jersey City, New Jersey, to offer a U.S. transcript and award 3, 6, or 9 academic credits for our international internship programs. Students will be enrolled in CRCC-295: CRCC Asia Internship Course.
Credit awarded will be based on the successful completion of CRCC Asia’s Global Internship Curriculum, CareerBridge, proof of hours worked, reflective essay, and an evaluation from your host company supervisor.
Explore more programs in
"Thanks so much for CRCC Asia’s help this past month, you guys do a really amazing job making us feel so comfortable and confident here. It’s been great getting to know the team and it’s making me want to look into work opportunities with CRCC Asia after uni! Glad we’re just only halfway there!"