Internships in Manchester
Why Intern in Manchester?
- The “Capital of the North” is a cosmopolitan city of over two million, known for its architecture, soccer teams, music scene and is considered an overall friendly city.
- Cost of living – about 20% lower than London and New York, with rent prices over 56% cheaper!
- Manchester is the fastest growing major city outside of London. Their economic growth has been driven by its diverse industry base, which has specialisms in: business, finance, manufacturing, healthcare, creative, digital and technology.
- The UK has some amazing food options but there are some specialties that Manchester does best: Bury black pudding, Manchester Caviar, Manchester Egg, Vimto and more.
- Manchester is ranked the 8th best city in the UK to get a job, beating out other large cities in England such as London and Birmingham.
Manchester Internship Program Career Fields
More than 85% of Manchester’s workforce is involved in the expansive and diverse sales, finance, and service industries. Outside of these is the thriving creative digital and marketing industry. Manchester has also recently invested more in its renewable energy and environmental technology industries. The wide variety of intern opportunities within Manchester is just one perk of the energetic and competitive spirit of the city.
What’s Included in Manchester
5 Key Learning Objectives
The wealth of skills and knowledge you will gain from your 5 Key Learning Objectives during your internship in Manchester will greatly increase your future employability, enrich your resume and give you the edge you need to land your dream job.
For every Manchester Internship Program intern
In addition to the above, your program will also include;
- High-quality, centrally located accommodation
- CareerBridge, our Professional Development Hub, which contains 12 professional development courses
- Welcome Pack on arrival (SIM & Travel card included)
- Airport Pickup and Accommodation Drop-off
- Orientation Weekend including city tour
- First Day Company Drop-off
- Business, Cultural, and Community outreach events
- 24/7 support from on the ground staff
- Exclusive Alumni Network and LinkedIn groups
The latest from our Manchester Program
Who better than our Intern Influencers to give you a behind-the-scenes look at life on the CRCC Asia Internship Program? Take a look below.
Get updated with the latest news from our interns, staff, and events right here in Manchester.
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to apply at least 6-10 weeks prior to your preferred start date.
Manchester Placement-Only Dates
We also offer a Placement-Only Program for 30, 60, 90 days all year around.
You can decide a start date that is convenient for you.
Placement-Only Programs include guaranteed internship placement & emergency support, but exclude accommodation, visas, and events.
By choosing our Internship Program you will be provided guaranteed accommodation in fully furnished shared apartments or private studios.
- The accommodation is vetted and approved by CRCC Asia
- Access to private or shared kitchens and laundry services
- Wifi and utilities are included (there is a fair usage policy, so any excess may be deducted from your accommodation deposit)
- Convenient location with amenities and/or public transport links in the surrounding area
- Within reasonable commuting distance of all our host companies
- Some accommodations require a refundable deposit at check-in
One of CRCC Asia’s 5 Key Learning Objectives is “Global Connections” – therefore we will do our best to ensure all participants are housed in the same building/complex. Due to demand, for some program locations it might be necessary to use accommodation in two or three locations across the city.
See below for photos of accommodation previously used in Manchester. Whilst the exact same option may not be available for your program start date, all participants can expect a similar standard of accommodation.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – ‘Our award-winning flagship program’
PLACEMENT ONLY – ‘Our value option’
EU/EEA passport holders can participate on the Program visa-free.
Passport holders of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Taiwan or Japan must apply and obtain a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme (formerly UK Working Holiday Visa). The application process must be started at least 30 days prior to the program start date.
Passport from a country not listed above (including the US), will need a UK Tier 5 visa. To obtain a UK Tier 5 visa, you must receive a Certificate of Sponsorship. This sponsorship is provided by our partners at BUNAC through their Intern in Britain Visa Sponsorship programme. This process must begin at least 8-10 weeks prior to the program start date. We will support you throughout this process and the Certificate of Sponsorship fee is included in your Program Fee, however your visa fee is not included. To be eligible for a UK Tier 5 visa, you must be:
- 18 years or older
- Full time degree level student or recent graduate (within the last 12 months at the start of your internship)
- Hold nationality outside of the EEA
- Be able to show a minimum proof of funds £945
- Have insurance cover, including a minimum of $500,000 USD medical cover and some cover for repatriation of remains
- If not applying from your home country, you must have a valid visa proving your residence in the country you are applying from
CRCC Asia has partnered with Saint Peter’s University in Jersey City, New Jersey, to offer a U.S. transcript and award 3, 6, or 9 academic credits for our international internship programs. Students will be enrolled in CRCC-295: CRCC Asia Internship Course.
Credit awarded will be based on the successful completion of CRCC Asia’s Global Internship Curriculum, CareerBridge, proof of hours worked, reflective essay, and an evaluation from your host company supervisor.
Explore more programs in
"Thanks so much for CRCC Asia’s help this past month, you guys do a really amazing job making us feel so comfortable and confident here. It’s been great getting to know the team and it’s making me want to look into work opportunities with CRCC Asia after uni! Glad we’re just only halfway there!"