How to Earn Academic Credit During Your CRCC Asia Internship

how to get academic credit

Many students often struggle between choosing to participate in a summer abroad program or to apply for a summer internship. But what students may not realize is that they can do both – and receive academic credit for it!

While numerous universities offer academic credit for completed internships, it’s often restricted to predefined programs in specific career fields. Furthermore, some universities do not recognize internships at all.

If your university doesn’t offer academic credit for internships, don’t sweat it, we’ve got you covered! CRCC Asia has partnered with a School of Record, St. Peter’s University, to offer a U.S. transcript and award 3, 6, or 9 academic credits for our international internship programs! Therefore, along with completing an amazing international internship experience, you will also move a step closer to graduation!

What is a School of Record?

A School of Record is an institution accredited in the U.S. that documents and awards credits for courses or programs taken abroad. These accredited institutions design a course specifically for an abroad program that students can enroll in and then transfer the awarded credits to their home institutions once completed.

How Do I Enroll?

Obtaining academic credit for your international internship easy – just follow these 4 steps:

  • Connect with Us

Let’s get to know each other. Fill out our application form. This allows us to learn more about you, your skills and your expectations from your future international internship.

Post submission, one of our academic advisors will reach out to you for an advising session. Our advisors have extensive knowledge about our internship programs and will work to place you in the best organization possible.


  • Speak With your Academic Advisor

Reach out to your university academic advisor to learn if your university offers academic credit for international internships or if alternatively, it would be best for you to receive credit from our School of Record.


  • Submit the Paperwork

Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of things. To receive credit from our School of Record, you will need to submit the following documents:

  • A Credit Request Form 
  • An Unofficial Transcript

Upon acceptance, you will be enrolled in CRCC-295: CRCC Asia Internship Course. This is a custom-created course designed to help you draw connections between your coursework and the practical application of your studies in a professional work environment. 


  • Enjoy Your International Internship

Once your paperwork is submitted and your internship placement is secured, you can look forward to packing your bags and beginning your international internship!

Throughout your program, you will have some assignments to complete that will help you make the most of your international internship and will count towards your grade.

Along with gaining work experience and academic credit, we encourage all our interns to engage in local activities, indulge in local cuisines, and meet new people.

And remember, throughout the course of the internship, you will never be alone. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your academic advisor to discuss your progress and address any concerns that you might have.

To learn more about the Academic Credit Options For CRCC Asia Participants visit our Credit page here.

Have questions about of School of Record Program? Reach out to us at [email protected].


how to get academic credit - London bridge