Computer Science & IT Internships
is the amount of mobile-cellular subscriptions in Asia
- Shenzhen is China’s answer to Silicon Valley, home to Huawei, Baidu and Tencent. Technology opportunities abound in mobile, computer technology, and gaming, while Beijing and Shanghai have more of an emphasis on graphic design
- There are more than 20 Asian programming languages – including Changjo (Korean), Dolittle (Japanese), and PerlYuYan (Chinese)
- From 2020, coding will be mandatory in Japanese elementary schools
- Vietnam’s technology is rapidly growing alongside its economy, online ordering and sales have been rising at an extremely fast rate. Technology has been helping Vietnam stay interconnected and has helped their e-commerce rise
- China is currently leading the world in supercomputers. The Sunway TaihuLight has a processing speed of 93 petaflops. At its peak, the computer can perform 93,000 trillion calculations per second
- The world’s first stored-program electronic digital computer was developed at the University of Manchester in June 1948
Computer Science & IT Internships: Host Companies & Example Projects
We take time to build our host company networks to ensure that we can connect interns with high-quality placements in the global marketing industry. For this reason, we don’t disclose host company names here on our website. Nevertheless, why not check out some of our example placements below?
Augmented Reality (AR) is an interactive experience that thrusts people into a digital world. Traditionally accessed by wearing an AR headset, it allows users to explore surroundings based on real-world environments which have been digitally enhanced. This host company is developing AR technology for the business world by digitally recreating showrooms and product demonstrations.
From day one, you’ll begin mapping the real-world destinations which will form the basis for this company’s clients virtual destinations. You must have either strong front or back-end development skills to succeed in the role. Quality Assuring testing and eliminating bugs from the software is also a key component of this role.
This host company focuses on blockchain finance solutions, assists with blockchain development projects, and also publishes research into the field.
The successful candidate will assist with research and support on the company’s projects and also be expected to conduct research on the blockchain and cryptocurrency industry along with upcoming Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs). The intern should have a general understanding of cryptocurrencies, but will likely gain a wealth of knowledge via their research projects in one of Vietnam’s most exciting cities.
Read up on our latest Computer Science & IT blogs
"I gained so much knowledge and life experience being part of the Shanghai Internship program through CRCC Asia. I always dreamed of coming to China and I started studying Chinese in high school. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to combine my travel in China with a professional internship program that gave me depth and knowledge about Chinese business. I completed an internship at a leading AI/Blockchain company in Shanghai. I developed an advanced skill set I can apply to future jobs including problem solving, business and data analysis, communication, and writing skills. In addition, I visited several highlights around Shanghai and took several weekend trips outside of the city. I took the high-speed train to Beijing, flew to Xi’an, and took the train to Suzhou, Zhouzhuang, Hangzhou, Nanjing, and Zhuji. Each trip was amazing and expanded my cultural and world knowledge. I highly recommend this type of program for anyone interested in experiencing China while gaining cultural immersion in the workplace. Of course, it was a little nerve wracking to arrive in a foreign place and experience a new living situation, new food, new people, and a foreign culture and language. My advice is to take advantage of seeing as many new things as you can and meet many new people. Just say “yes” to new experiences and don’t look back! I have developed many long-lasting relationships while in China and will treasure the memories from my travel adventures in this beautiful country."