Internships in Seoul
Join us for one, two or three-month international internships in Seoul, South Korea’s bustling capital city.
Why Intern in Seoul?
- Seoul is the capital and largest city of South Korea with a population of over 10 million people. The Seoul National Capital Area is the second largest in the world at 233.7 square miles.
- It is the headquarters of many technology and engineering companies, such as Samsung, LG, Hyundai and Kia. 20% of Korea’s GDP is generated here.
- CNN gave us 50 reasons why Seoul is the world’s greatest city. Some of these reasons include Asia’s largest underground shopping mall, high-tech bargains, superb service, boy/girl groups, the food and more!
- Cost of living – over 15% lower than New York or London, with restaurant prices over 50% cheaper.
- South Korea is home to 12 UNESCO World Heritage Sites with at least 5 in Seoul alone.
Seoul’s Top Internship Career Fields
In recent years, Korea has taken the entertainment industry by storm.. from music, TV dramas, and films, it has expanded rapidly, commonly known as the “Korean Wave” or “Hallyu”. As a result, Seoul in particular has become the go-to place for Creative Media & Media Production. The city is known for its advanced technology, infrastructure, and the availability of high-quality equipment and facilities, such as studios and post-production houses, which have contributed to the booming growth of the entertainment industry as a whole. This dynamic city mashes up palaces, temples, cutting-edge design, and a love of technology. Combined with its immense exposure to the entertainment, arts, business & tech industries, Seoul is simply an amazing destination for an internship abroad.
What’s Included in Seoul?
5 Key Learning Objectives
The wealth of skills and knowledge you will gain from your 5 Key Learning Objectives during your internship in Seoul will greatly increase your future employability, enrich your resume and give you the edge you need to land your dream job.
For every Seoul Internship Program intern
In addition to the above, your program will also include;
- High-quality, centrally located accommodation
- CareerBridge, our Professional Development Hub, which contains 12 professional development courses
- Welcome Pack on arrival (SIM & Travel card included)
- Airport Pickup and Accommodation Drop-off
- Orientation Weekend including city tour
- First Day Company Drop-off
- Business, Cultural, and Community outreach events
- 24/7 support from on the ground staff
- Exclusive Alumni Network and LinkedIn groups
The latest from our Seoul Program
If you want to see life on the CRCC Asia Program from our interns’ eyes, check out our Intern Influencers below.
Wondering what an internship in Seoul could offer your career journey? Browse our intern stories and blogs.
A program to suit you
Take a look at our program options in Seoul:
Complete a one, two or three-month internship in Seoul.
Choose from a range of industries and gain international experience in your chosen career field.
Our Internship Program includes accommodation, networking events, cultural events and 24/7 on-the-ground support.
The adventure doesn’t have to end with your internship program in Seoul.
Combine your internship in Seoul with the trip of a lifetime with our sister company, The Dragon Trip. From bustling, neon-lit metropolises to rolling countryside hills, long sandy beaches to temples in the mountains, and even a visit to the historic Demilitarized Zone, The Dragon Trip’s adventure leaders will take you off-the-beaten-track and show you life like a local on this unforgettable South Korean experience. This is a 12-day tour of some of South Korea most breathtaking sights and cities.
By choosing our Internship Program you will be provided guaranteed accommodation in fully furnished shared apartments or private studios.
- The accommodation is vetted and approved by CRCC Asia
- Access to private or shared kitchens and laundry services
- Wifi and utilities are included (there is a fair usage policy, so any excess may be deducted from your accommodation deposit)
- Convenient location with amenities and/or public transport links in the surrounding area
- Within reasonable commuting distance of all our host companies
- Some accommodations require a refundable deposit at check-in
One of CRCC Asia’s 5 Key Learning Objectives is “Global Connections” – therefore we will do our best to ensure all participants are housed in the same building/complex. Due to demand, for some program locations it might be necessary to use accommodation in different locations across the city.
Places are limited and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to apply at least 6-10 weeks prior to your preferred start date.
Seoul Placement-Only Dates
We also offer a Placement-Only Program for 30, 60, 90 days all year around.
You can decide a start date that is convenient for you.
Placement-Only Programs include guaranteed internship placement & emergency support, but exclude accommodation, visas, and events.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – ‘Our award-winning flagship program’
PLACEMENT ONLY – ‘Our value option’
An internship in Korea that is less than 90 days without remuneration is regarded as a voluntary activity. If you are citizen of the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, some EU countries and others in this LIST , you are only required to apply for a visa exemption K-ETA
If you are citizen from another country not in the list above, you may be required to apply for a visa. Check this website to see if you need a visa. We also recommend reaching out to the South Korea embassy/consulate in your country/city to confirm the visa type that applies to you.
Whilst we provide guidance on the visa application process, the cost of your Korea visa or visa exemption is not included in the Program Fee. It is recommended you submit the visa application at least 4 weeks prior to your Program Start Date. Immigration regulations are constantly changing so it is advised you pay attention to updates on the aforementioned list.
CRCC Asia has partnered with Saint Peter’s University in Jersey City, New Jersey, to offer a U.S. transcript and award 3, 6, or 9 academic credits for our international internship programs. Students will be enrolled in CRCC-295: CRCC Asia Internship Course.
Credit awarded will be based on the successful completion of CRCC Asia’s Global Internship Curriculum, CareerBridge, proof of hours worked, reflective essay, and an evaluation from your host company supervisor.
Explore more programs in
"Interning abroad through CRCC Asia has taught me the importance of networking and being able to sell myself as an asset. Therefore, one of the most important aspects of the experience was my ability to build a professional network of contacts all over Shenzhen as well as other parts of China. Efficiently leveraging this network will help me during my post-graduation career search. Though I may decide not to seek a career in China, many of my new network contacts have other connections all over the world. So, doors may be opened to things and places I never dreamed possible."