SOAS Vietnam Internship Program
Thanks to SOAS School of London, selected students can enjoy our SOAS Vietnam Internship Program in Ho Chi Minh City, which includes:
A CRCC Asia programme which includes:
- An 8 week internship in 1 of 14 sectors in Ho Chi Minh City
- Regular social, cultural and business events organised by CRCC Asia
- Support from a dedicated team before, during and after your internship
- Regular trips and events (optional – fees apply)
- Visa application support
Who is this programme for?
Undergraduate students enrolled at SOAS, particularly those:
- First generation to attend university
- Family income below £32K
- With experience of care
- UK citizen or EU students, who have lived in the UK for more than 5 years and are eligible for Student Finance are also welcome to apply.
Ho Chi Minh City
Ho Chi Minh City provides you the unique opportunity to enjoy a slower pace of life, while also taking part in a rapidly developing city. Ho Chi Minh City is the main economic & business hub of Vietnam. In most recent years, it has outpaced other major cities in Vietnam and attracted many foreign investors’ attention. Within Southeast Asia, Vietnam is a standout experience geographically, culturally, and historically with plenty of delicious traditional dishes to chat over. The unique blend of traditional cultural values, French influence, and constant innovation provides a truly unique setting in which for you to get involved in your internship.
Why intern in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Ho Chi Minh City is the main economic & business hub of Vietnam , which has recently attracted significant foreign investors’ attention. Vietnam is currently the fastest growing economy amongst ASEAN countries.
- In 2019, Ho Chi Minh City was ranked as the 4th best city in Asia for millennial employment prospects.
- The cost of living is 60% less than New York and London, with taxis and movie tickets priced lower than the global average.
- According to CNN Business, Ho Chi Minh City is one of the 10 best emerging cities to launch a start-up.
- Vietnam is home to delicious cuisine and global favourites including pho noodle soup, banh mi (baguettes), and goi coun (summer/spring rolls).
- The country has a young and vibrant population, with 70% of Vietnam aged under 30.
When you apply, you’ll be asked to make 3 preferred sector choices. We guarantee an internship in one of those 3 sectors, and we always try to place you in your first sector choice. Please have a look though our 14 sectors below:
CRCC Asia partnered with the SOAS, University of London to provide students with an 8-week internship in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The initial cohort completed their internships in summer 2019 and the programme has been renewed for summer 2020. Successful applicants will be able to choose to intern and gain work experience in a range of career fields including Business, Marketing, Law, Travel & Tourism and students will benefit from a range social, cultural and business activities whilst on the programme in Vietnam.
The programme is facilitated by CRCC Asia, the leading provider of internships in Asia and is funded by SOAS. There are some costs that successful participants must cover and these are outlined below.
The partnership with SOAS specifically targets those who wish to gain experience in the vibrant capital of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City. SOAS students selected to participate will experience the thrill of a rapidly developing economy whilst developing career critical skills focussed around CRCC Asia’s 5 Key Learning Objectives: Employability, Cultural Agility, Country Knowledge, Career Field Knowledge and Global Connections.
This partnership is very special to CRCC Asia, as both the company’s Founders are SOAS alumni. Daniel Nivern (CEO of CRCC Asia) said: “We are always excited to form new partnerships with universities around the world. This partnership however is extra special, as both myself and Edward Holroyd Pearce met and formed plans to launch CRCC Asia while studying a Masters of Science in International Management at SOAS in 2006. It is pleasing to see how things have come full circle and we look forward to welcoming ever more SOAS students on our programs.”
This initiative is funded by SOAS access funds and it aims to address inequalities in international mobility by providing students from underrepresented backgrounds with the opportunity to acquire international experience. Julien Boast, Head of Widening Participation said, “We are very pleased to be able to provide these two internships in Vietnam in 2018-19. We hope this will become a regular offer to SOAS students.”
Applications for this programme are open now and SOAS students wishing to apply can do so by making an application here
This program is funded by SOAS access funds and the funding covers the CRCC Asia program fee in full.
It therefore includes everything you find in the standard CRCC Asia Ho Chi Minh City Internship Program:
- An internship in one of CRCC Asia’s 18 Career Fields for the 8 weeks
- Accommodation during the program
- Guidance and support with your career vis CareerBridge and our 5 Key Learning Objectives
- Pre-Departure Materials and Support
- Exclusive Alumni Facebook and LinkedIn groups
- Airport Pickup and Accommodation Drop-off
- Welcome Pack (pre-paid SIM card included)
- Induction Day and Company Drop-off on your first day of work
- Dedicated support throughout from our Vietnam team including business, social and cultural events as well as drop in sessions
There are some things that are not covered in the funding. They are:
- Flights to Ho Chi Minh City
- Your day-to-day living costs such as food
- Any independent travel you do at weekends or after the programme
CRCC Asia has 18 Career Fields that you can choose from – more information can be found on the Career Fields pages.
When you apply, you’ll be asked to choose 3 so it’s good to think about these before applying.
Here’s some more information about Ho Chi Minh City and the Career Fields we offer:
As the economic centre of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City is the country’s hotbed of business development. The computer technology and IT industries are growing and receiving increasing local and foreign investment. Mechanics and food processing are also vital staples in Vietnam’s expanding industrial market. With increasing tourism to the country the cultural and tourist industries have expanded to meet new demand. Interns in Ho Chi Minh will get to experience in every sector the thrill of a quickly developing and hands-on work environment.
Please note that if you are successfully offered a place on the programme, you will not have an automatic internship. Our team in Vietnam will use your CV and the details you gave during your interview / advising calls to find you a match – the Vietnam team will place you with one of our Host Companies. This process can take some time and you may be asked to interview directly with one of our Host Companies. Your Admissions Advisor will guide you through the process.
CRCC Asia has been selected as the provider of this programme. CRCC Asia is the leading provider of internships in Asia and offers various opportunities for students and graduates to internationalise their work experience and gain vital career skills by organising holistic internship programs in various Asian cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Tokyo, Osaka, Ho Chi Minh City, Mumbai and South Korea.
As the provider of the SOAS Vietnam Internship Programme, you’ll get to experience a CRCC Asia programme in one of the most exciting cities in Asia and you’ll meet other participants from around the world whilst also gaining valuable work experience.
The partnership with SOAS specifically targets those who wish to gain experience in the vibrant capital of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City. This initiative is funded by SOAS access funds and it aims to address inequalities in international mobility by providing students from underrepresented backgrounds with the opportunity to acquire international experience.
We’ll be running information sessions at SAOS. Details are pending.
You can find out more about the programme by coming along to that talk. Sign up here.
Further details can be found on the SOAS website here:
Applications for the SOAS Vietnam Internship Programme are now CLOSED – the deadline to submit your application was Sunday 5th April 23:59 BST.