About Generation UK – China
Generation UK – China was launched by the British Council in 2013. By 2020, it aims to help 80,000 students from the UK boost their employability, enhance their long-term job prospects, and develop a global mind-set through study and work experience opportunities in China.
The programme offers funded internship placements and academic scholarships for UK students to gain international experience in China. By encouraging UK students to engage with China, Generation UK aims to bring young people from both countries closer together, increase mutual understanding, and pave the way to lasting links and partnerships between the UK and China.
The Generation UK – China campaign is supported by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), and the Department for the Economy, Northern Ireland, the Welsh Government and the Scottish Government.
To find out more about the campaign and how you can get involved, please visit the British Council’s Generation UK – China website here.
“CRCC Asia is one of our current partners in delivering internships for UK students in China. They have helped British students under the Generation UK – China programme gain valuable cross-cultural business skills through placements across a range of industries and locations. They have received very positive feedback from participants with regard to both the internship placement itself and the pastoral care they provide during the placement.”
Steven Hutt, Head of Outward Mobility, British Embassy in China
Your program fees will be covered by the British Council.
- 2 month internship placement in an industry of your choice
- Airport Pick-up
- Induction Day & Welcome Banquet
- Welcome Pack (inc. business cards, sim cards, travel card, city guide)
- Company Drop-Off
- Weekly Mandarin Lessons
- Monthly cultural and business events
- Dedicated on the ground support
- Living Expenses
- Program Deposit (Refundable upon program completion)
Internships will be available in the following Internship Sectors
Who Can Apply?
Who Can Apply?
Funding is available to UK and EU passport holders enrolled at a UK university at the time of application, and 2016 graduates from UK universities.
All applicant placements funded through Generation UK will be means-tested and will require supporting documents.
In order to qualify for funding you must be able to provide proof of receipt of a maintenance grant or SAAS bursary for your university studies.
Generation UK – China Eligibility Requirements:
- Aged 18 years and above
- Currently enrolled full-time at an UK university (2nd year and above) or have graduated from a UK university within the past year (within 12 months of the programme dates)
- A UK citizen/EU home student
- Achieved or on track to achieve a 2:1
- In receipt of or have received a Maintenance Grant from Student Finance or SAAS bursary for Scottish students during their university career
- Not in receipt of any other Generation UK – China funding
How to Apply?
How to Apply?
If you are eligible for the Generation UK – China Program please click the red “Apply Now” button below.
Note: Please do not click the blue “Apply” button at the top of this page- this is only for non-Gen UK applications.
[UPDATE 15 MARCH 2017]: Applications for students/graduates in Northern Ireland are still OPEN
The deadline for the English, Scottish, Welsh 2017 Generation UK-China Program is now closed.
Due to the high volume of applications , we are unable to offer individual feedback.
Missed the deadline?
If you are still interested in undertaking a China Internship Program, we encourage you to consider our other programs that can be found under the Interns> Programs tab at the top of the page.
Applicants will be subject to our competitive assessment process, and funding will be awarded to those students who display an excellent academic record and strong interest in China, subject to British Council approval. There will be three stages of assessment:
- Application & Sift (Conducted by CRCC Asia)
- Interview (Conducted by CRCC Asia)
- Final British Council Assessment
(1) Please note the Generation UK-China opportunity is separate to the CRCC Asia Global Scholarship.
(2) CRCC Asia is one of two exclusive suppliers for the Generation UK-China Internship Programs. You can only apply to one supplier. If you apply to another supplier, your application will not be considered.